Frequently Asked Questions
Here you can find answers to questions about the VIENNA SHORTS film portal and how to watch films. If your question is not listed here, please contact us at email@example.com. We will do our best to answer as soon as possible!
(last update: May 10, 2023)
WHERE CAN I WATCH THE FESTIVAL FILMS ONLINE?
- You can find 230 films of this year's festival edition on the VIENNA SHORTS film portal. You can stream the online program via the VIENNA SHORTS app (für Android und iOS) or your browser.
WHEN CAN I WATCH THE FILMS OF THE FESTIVAL?
- The film portal is accessible from Thursday, June 1, 00:01 Uhr. The films can be watched online for between one and seven days—depending on the program line. The film portal will be open until June 30, at 23:59. Head to the film portal.
ARE THE FILMS PRESENTED IN ORIGINAL VERSION WITH SUBTITLES?
- All films on the platform are presented in their original version with English subtitles (if the spoken language is not English). In a few cases, subtitles must be enabled in the player using the "CC" function.
WHICH PASS DO I NEED TO WATCH THE FILMS AT THE VIENNA SHORTS FILM PORTAL?
- There are two ways to watch the films online: With the VIENNA SHORTS Online Pass you have access to the online program, with the VIENNA SHORTS Pass you also have access to the entire cinema program. Reservation of cinema tickets is still necessary through your personal account in our ticket store. Click here for the passes!
I WORK IN THE FILM INDUSTRY. DO YOU OFFER ACCREDITATIONS OR INDUSTRY PASSES?
- For filmmakers and industry members, we offer the Online Industry Pass and the VIENNA SHORTS Industry Pass. Both passes give extended access to the festival's film portal and, in the case of the VIENNA SHORTS Industry Pass, free admission to festival screenings. Reservation of cinema tickets is still necessary, through your personal account in our ticket store. Click here for the industry passes!
CAN I BUY SINGLE TICKETS FOR FILMS OR PROGRAMS?
- Single tickets for programs are only available for cinema screenings—you can also buy them online. Click here for the ticket store!
WHY ARE NOT ALL FILMS AVAILABLE AT ONCE?
- For legal reasons, all competition are available online for three days at a time and start on specified dates. All other films are available for seven days at a time and split over the period. Find details in our online schedule.
WHEN WILL COMPETITION FILMS BE AVAILABLE? AND FOR HOW LONG?
- All competition films are available for three days each:
FIDO: June 7 to 9
AA: June 10 to 13
ÖW: June 13 to 15
MUVI: June 16 to 18
HOW MANY TIMES CAN I WATCH A FILM OR PROGRAM?
- As many times as you want. However, be aware that some movies are not available for the entire period.
CAN I DOWNLOAD THE FILMS TO MY COMPUTER?
- No, the films can only be streamed directly in the film portal. You can access our film portal via your browser or directly via the Vienna Shorts App (for Android and iOS).
I HAVE PROBLEMS LOADING THE VIDEOS. WHAT CAN I DO?
- We use Vimeo to show films. If films are not loading quickly or are buffering in the middle of the stream, it may be due to streaming quality or internet speed. To solve the problem, please check your internet connection and try to reduce the quality of the stream to 720p if necessary.
CAN I STREAM FILMS ON MY TV?
- Yes, this is possible with an online connection, for example via Chromecast or AirPlay. It's also even easier to stream online programming to your TV with our app.